Nov 12, 2011

How Halloween turned out...

So, this was how the Halloween project turned out. The big boy woke up the next morning and asked if I really stayed up to make his Batman costume. I said, of course! and showed him the product of my sleepless night. Seeing his big grin, I'd say it was all worth it.

Yiheng's PlayGroup had no party, and he really wasn't the sort who would put on any 'costume'! So I made him a little monster wand using props from a YOG flag (actually the flag was in perfect condition; can't believe it cut out the flag to make way for One-eyesy Monster grrr...).

We were running late, but I'm so glad I managed to squeeze in some photos at the door (I'm sure Paul's car was already waiting downstairs at this point!). A few moments of fun before they were rushed out of the door. Such a pity there was no other soul around who could help take a picture of me with the kids!

That evening, the kids came back really happy, but mommy here sure wasn't so excited when I saw the amount of sweets Yiyang came home with! He had a full load in his paper-bag! For a parent who does not give sweets on a regular basis, it was a huge shock that the givers had not considered the effects of their 'treats' on the children! I was still so bothered by it the following day that I made it a point to tell the school that they should encourage givers to give healthy snacks - fruits, nuts, cereals, biscuits etc. I mean, There are so many options! I can imagine in Australia people would give away organic fruit bars or something... quality over quantity!! Now you tell me if you'll be appalled to see this:

Yiyang's load of 'Trick-or-Treat' 'goodies'!?!

Love,
PL


No comments:

Post a Comment